Friday 18 March 2011

WWE

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus, RAW 3/14

Remember when Bryan was ridiculously pale? Oy. This was pretty fun though I wasn't blown away. Bryan's roll-up counters to signature Sheamus spots were neat, and Sheamus's fake injury spot was so well done to the point where, watching it live, I thought it was legit. The elbow exchange and Bryan kicking the hell out of Sheamus were also both really good. Still I think most of the love this is getting is because of the finish, which was admittedly great, but not enough for me to have my fill of these two against each other. Hopefully a WM rematch is in store.

Jack Swagger vs Chris Masters, Smackdown 3/18

Fun couple of minutes. Masters might be the best seller in the States. Cole getting to attack him afterwards kinda buried him, though.

Alberto Del Rio vs Christian, Smackdown 3/18 (Steel Cage)

Didn't care for this at all. Firstly, the booking of having this as a cage match was baffling. Then you have the WWE's insistance on using these gimmick matches whilest preventing guys from blading, and also that most WWE cage matches are built around guys trying to escape instead of beat their opponent...yawn. I like Del Rio as a character, but Christian made him look better than he is, and the Killswitch kickout felt too telegraphed. I'm also sick of seeing people stare at the Wrestlemania sign five times a show.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dug the cage match, actually.

Let me know how MVP's japan stuff is

Steve said...

Unless he wrestles an outsider or Nakamura, I doubt I'll be watching any of MVP's Japan stuff. Most of the New Japan roster are mediocre, and MVP himself isn't very good, so I'm not sure how well his work there will be recieved.

Anonymous said...

I saw some clips of him and Anderson and it looked pretty good, but it's just a bunch of clips where anybody can look good so meh.

Jessie said...

we were just talking about how much we hate everyone continually staring at that stupid ass Mania sign...glad someone else noticed it.